Friday, August 3, 2012

Investimagative Reportering

In my last post, I wrote about Darren Oliver and the stellar season he is having at age 41, and how his numbers are trending in the right direction. It got me thinking, why? There must be a reason why he is doing such incredible things. What is his secret? After some (read: barely any) research (read: twitter search) I think I may have found him out.

Dude loves PF Chang's.

He's networking to get them off the ground in Toronto:

Even his kids are in on the action:

He is Juan Ponce de Leรณn, and PF Chang's is his fountain of youth:
Four tweets are not enough to prove that the magic is in the mu shu chicken? In 2003 with Colorado, he posted a WAR of 2.9 with the closest PF Chang's half a mile away from the stadium. With the Mets in 2006, he put up a goose-egg: 0.0 WAR. The closest PF Chang's? 11.3 miles away. He had to cross the island of Manhattan to get his Ginger Chicken with Broccoli on.

And with that, please enjoy the rest of your day while I get blocked by Darren Oliver on twitter for dragging his name through the hoisin sauce.

No comments: